1) I was super pleased with an Ulta purchase I made this week. I got a coupon in the mail from them for 20% off a purchase, which I might typically ignore because the products I buy from them are usually excluded from the discount. However, on this coupon I happened to notice that there was a picture of my favorite mascara on the coupon, so I thought maybe, just maybe they were honoring the coupon on some of my favorite brands this time. I happened to be close by one day so I gave it a go. Wouldn't you know the coupon worked on my favorite mascara, They're Real by Benefit as well as on my foundation by Tarte & a new lipstick I also wanted to try from Tarte!! Score!
2) I was given this mug as a thoughtful gift last weekend. In case you've not heard me say it before, my favorite book series is the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon. You can find out more about it here. Not only is the 8th book in the series coming out this summer, so is a TV series from Starz. To say that I'm beyond excited about both events would be putting it mildly! That's why this has become my favorite mug...I don't even want to put anything in it, I just want to look at it! LOL
3) My Husband & I finally got registered for the Spartan Race! This will be the first time for both of us, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. Plus, I can finally take this note off my desk that's been there since at least December! :-)
|So, of course I need to take my training up a notch in order to prepare for the race. Recently I did unassisted pull ups at the gym, but this is what I got in return...ouch! (warning - don't look if you're easily grossed out!)|
4) As I mentioned at the start of this post, we've had a cold snap here in Colorado this week. This caused school to be delayed multiple times this week. We also had an incident overnight at the school on Tuesday night causing school to be cancelled on Wednesday. A piece of equipment in the art room filled the school with smoke, but luckily there was no fire. Now you may be wondering why I put this down as a "highlight", but I was just so incredibly thankful that this occurred overnight when no students had to endure an emergency exit into the 8 degree weather outside. Not to mention the fear they would have had to endure going through a smoke filled building. So, it's a "highlight" because I'm thankful!
5) I got to meet up with a friend for some "girl time" last night. We just met up for dinner & browsing around the mall. Of course, we did both end up with a few small purchases. I turned in my 6 recycle items to MAC for my free item*. I chose Girl About Town Lipglass which should be fun going into Spring & Summer. I also went ahead & purchased this jean jacket from American Eagle that I've been watching since before Christmas. I had a 30% coupon to use, so I thought heck, why not! In the end, it was a nice relaxing night with a good friend!
How about you...did you have a good week? Are you staying warm?!?
Have a Happy Weekend!
*for those of you who may not know, MAC offers a recycle program. If you turn in 6 empty MAC containers - blushes, eyeshadows, mascara, foundation, powders, lip sticks, lip glosses, lotions & primers, & more - you get a free product. The product which you can pick varies from store to store - at the independent store at my mall you can pick either an eyeshadow, lip gloss, or lip stick. However, at the counter inside Nordstroms at the very same mall, you can only pick a lip stick (or at least that's how it was in the past).