It's Friday yet again, & since the Fam & I will soon be taking a tip I thought I'd share 5 favorite items I must have when I travel (5 in honor of High Five for Friday).
1. Your favorite Denim Jacket or Cardigan - Traveling in layers is a must! Be sure to bring along a denim jacket to keep you warm when needed. You could bring along a comfy cardigan or chambray too...those are easier to toss into a bag when you're not using them.
2. Cord Organinzer - This Cord Organizer from The Container Store is a great option for keeping all your chargers and tech-y accessories in one organized place. This keeps them from getting tangled or lost!
3. Maxi Dress - There is nothing I love more than traveling in a Maxi Dress!! They are incredibly comfortable, the length keeps you warm, & you still look stylish....perfect trifecta!! I recently purchased this Black Lace Maxi (love this one too) from Kohl's with the thought of travel in mind. Pair it with my denim jacket & a brown sandal & I'm squared away! A funny side note - I mentioned to Carylee once that I love traveling in a Maxi Dress and she said every time she wears one she inevitably gets pulled aside going through security at the airport for a pat-down...eek, hope that's not a sign of things to come!
4. A great Tote - Whether you use one as your carry-on or pack it in your luggage for later use, having a tote with you while you hit the pool or beach, peruse the local markets, or use it to hold your "stuff" in the rental car is always a great idea! I liked the pattern of this one from Target or the classic simplicity of this one from the Gap.
5. Makeup Compact - I absolutely love traveling with an all-in-one makeup compact such as this one. It has eye shadows, blush, bronzer, & lip color all in one easy-to-pack case! I picked up one similar to this a couple of years ago & only use it for travel. This way I don't have to pack a ton of individual pieces & parts when it comes to my cosmetics. I also think these are great ideas for a Bride-to-be to take on the Honeymoon, a Grad that is heading off to travel, or a great idea for your girlfriends in general.
That wraps up my suggestions, but I'd love to hear what your "Must Haves" are when you travel. We can all learn from one another, right!