1. Lace Top Extenders: I've mentioned these to a couple of ladies lately & they had no idea these were around, so I had to share in case you didn't know either. Lace Top Extenders add a little length to any top. By wearing one of these you can wear your shorter tops/sweaters with leggings & skinnies, or any pant you prefer to have "bum" coverage with. I found this one for a bargain price, but I adore this one for a little more. Or you can make one yourself with the help of Pinterest. Here's an example of how I wore mine.
Sweater - LOFT // Lace Extender - Groopdealz // Legging - LOFT // Boots - old // Cow Hide Cuff - Nickel & Suede // Scarf - Charming Charlie, similar
2. Barcelona Cami: Along the same lines as the lace top extenders, I've discovered that I love using the Barcelona Cami from Express as a top extender too. These camis (tank tops) have a hi-low hem, so again they work great when needed under a top that doesn't quite cover the bum. An added bonus is that some colors are reversible, so you get 2 colors in 1!! Although I don't have a photo of mine layered this way yet (I'm planning to wear it to a Holiday Party soon), you can see how I've worn the cami other ways here & here.
3. Boot Cuffs: I don't know about you, but wearing my tall boots makes my body temp run high, so adding the ever-so-trendy boot socks just elevates that problem even more. Boot Cuffs to the rescue...you get the cute look without the added layer! You saw a glimpse of mine here.
I didn't show #'s 4 & 5 above, because they are undergarments & I thought it may be weird to have a picture of a lady in a bra just hanging out there. That being said, I still think these next two are equally important ;-)
4. Cami Bra: These are true bras & faux cami in one! Great for wearing underneath those tops or dresses that dip just a little too low at the neckline without having another layer underneath as you would with a regular camisole. Great options here & here. Sorry, I don't have a picture for mine in action, but I highly recommend them!
5. Smoothing Shorts: I found these recently after having to replace my Spanx that I'd had for years. They are the perfect combination of "hold" & comfort. These will smooth out those pesky pantie lines & hip areas, but it's not a workout getting them on. They are the perfect undergarment for those of you who avoid dresses & skirts because of the thighs touching. Great under pants, skirts, & dresses for everyday wear for lightweight support.
Those are my 5 wardrobe helpfuls - I think it's always enlightening when we share products that make life easier, so don't hesitate to share your faves in the comments below.
Shop the Post:
P.S. - Don't miss out on the fabulous Express Gift Card give away!
*linking up with: Style Me Wednesday, I Feel Pretty, The Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Whatcha Wearing Wednesday, Little Friday, Spotlight of the Week, Thursday Favorites, Happiness at Mid Life