1. Why did I start this blog?: I have always had an interest in having a cohesive style. I certainly don't keep up with Runway fashion, just every day "do-able" fashion. Over the years, I have had enough people comment on my attire or ask me to go shopping with them, that I started toying with the idea of starting a blog to help others find their fashion sense too. My hope for this blog is to inspire others to put time into themselves, to perhaps inspire them to try something new, & to feel confident in their wardrobe realizing that it doesn't have to be expensive to feel good about your appearance. Of course, I'll have lifestyle posts occasionally as well.... the possibilities are endless!
(I have NO formal fashion training or education, so what you see on this blog is purely my opinion & my taste in fashion.)
2. How did you come up with "ie-Style" as your blog name?: As you may know by now, my name is Kellie (spelled with an I.E.). Actually both my Mom & Sister are "I.E.'s too!! My vision for this blog is to provide "examples" of how I live life feeling great for less...(i.e. bargain shopping, finding multi-purpose pieces, mixing colors and patterns, etc). Get it..."i.e" from my name & "i.e." meaning example.....cutesy, eh?
3. Favorite Store?: Target, hands down! Luckily, or not so lucky, I have a Super Target right by my house...within walking distance, but you can't walk there because how are you going to get all your bags home?? And yes, I buy a ton of my clothing, shoes, & jewelry from there. Most people seem surprised when I tell them that this piece or that piece are from Target. Yes, I do buy from plenty of other stores too (we'll get into more of that later), but as I tell my girls "Target is really the only store we need."
4. Favorite Book?: Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. If you haven't read it, you should!! And they are making it into a T.V. Series on Starz due out Summer 2014!!! Um, I'm beyond excited!!!!
5. Random Facts:
- I'm known to occasionally break out in random accents...Southern, Canadian, or British. It's actually more of a random word usage.... Some "y'alls", or "ehs", or a British inflection. As you already know from above, I'm a native of Colorado, so I have no idea where that comes from. Along the same lines, I'm also known to make up my own words (i.e. "doopty duper").
- I don't like tomatoes or cucumbers....icky!
- I am known to snort when I laugh!
- I'm addicted to scarves (oops, there's another one... I actually call them smarf's, not scarves) & costume jewelry, & not so addicted to purses.
I'm sure there is much more to share...if you have a question, don't hesitate to ask!